June 9, 2010

benirras

I love this island. It is so beautiful here, pine forests, dusty old roads leading to farmhouses and lemon trees growing out of bright red earth and everything is so full of amazing energy and life! The yoga retreat is amazing, with two villas (one is much more expensive and on the other side of the valley) and six pagodas and a calm, peaceful yoga deck to practice. It’s a very different life than I have been leading, just excepting things as they are, living as part of the universe and not needing much, not asking for anything. I do about three or four hours of work a day, five days a week, cleaning the kitchen or mopping the floors or helping make the dinners, whatever. Then it is off to the beach to lay out naked on the rocks around the corner, I have completely embraced this whole Spanish Hippie Culture! There are drummers on the beach most nights, and a massive drum party on Sundays at sunset with hundreds of people drumming and dancing and playing with fire pois. It’s a very special place and I am so fortunate to have found it. My life is on the mend, although still directionless I am not so lost anymore, this is a good place to heal a broken heart.