June 13, 2010

Breathing

I took a long walk up the mountain behind my tepee yesterday and found a completely different world on the other side. Peaceful, no one else for what felt like miles! There was no trail, but I wound and twisted my way up and at the top I found a panoramic view of the Med spread out before me, with massive cliffs at my feet and seabirds soaring all around. I climbed a little way down and sat on a big rock and focused on my breath and felt the sun and the wind on my face and watched the sun sink lower and lower. Although I still struggle sometimes with quieting my mind while I meditate, practice makes perfect. At the base of the cliffs there is a spot where I would love to swim and something that looks almost like a cave, and so I will have to find a way down now to explore. This is a pretty place, that is for sure.