May 28, 2010

From the Coast of Barcelona

Its cherry season somewhere! Everywhere I turn there are piles of them, and for 3E a kilo I have been gorging myself.

I am exhausted, time is running together and my memory, which is normally unusually sharp, is hazy. So I went to Greece to do some work with a massive powerboat, and regretted it from the second that I took the job. When I got onboard in Monaco I was plunged headfirst into crazy drama, like the stew who was shagging the owner, cleaning coke baggies out of cabins used by hookers on the last charter, and the entire crew being wound so tight that I was actually told off for being too friendly. All in all, not the kind of environment I want to spend 24/7 in. Luckily though, it was only temporary work (I think I am really onto something there!) and I left Greece the day before yesterday. It’s a shame I didn’t get to see a bit more of Corfu before I flew out, but what I did see was beautiful. It’s the first country I have ever been to where I couldn’t even understand the alphabet! So for the last few nights I have been going out until late late late and I have been up before 5am every morning to rush to another airport or ferry terminal or train station and wait in more lines. It’s all worth it though, since I am on my way to Ibiza for a weeklong yoga retreat! Oh man I need this so badly, I am so excited! I get to stay in a tepee in a pine forest by the beach, be fed organic, vegetarian meals twice a day, breathe, meditate and practice yoga for hours all on a little island in the middle of the Med. This is it, for the last 7 weeks I have lived on mega yachts, getting no exercise whatsoever with a crew mess stocked full of chocolates and a chef cooking all my meals. This week in Ibiza will be my detox from that life, and my start of feeling good again!