April 18, 2010

Twists and Turns and I am going to the MED!

Wow its funny how quickly life changes.
One minute I am sitting at a friend's house in St.Maarten, obsessing over my past week and nursing a sunburn from yet another day spent at the beach with my girlfriends, and the next minute I am packing my bags getting ready to sail back across the ocean!

I got a phone call out of the blue tonight from a crew agent that I havent had any work from in over a year, asking me if I am interested in a Stewardess position aboard a 57 meter sailing yacht leaving Antigua for Italy TOMORROW! I said yes, and all of the sudden my horizons changed yet again! The last time I crossed the Atlantic Ocean was on a 76' catamaran and it took me a solid six weeks of freaking out and nervousness before I could make myself get on board. This time I have less than 24 hours notice and I am out of here! Its funny though, you know right before you make a huge decision and you think for a moment, knowing that if you say the things that you are about to, you are committed and there is no turning back? This was one of those moments. A spontanious, life-altering choice that will propel me not up the Eastern seaboard on the route I had thought I would take this summer, but across 3000 miles of deep blue water to Europe, the Med and whatever happens to be waiting for me there!

Keeping the butterflies at bay, it hasnt really hit me yet! But I figure the fastest was to get over a broken heart is to make a big move. Hopefully this one will be big enough!