April 17, 2010

Back in SXM

Well here I am again! Hung up my winter coats and packed away all of my long pants after a lovely six week holiday back with my family and friends in Olympia, WA and headed back to the sun, sand and warm waters of the Caribbean. Its funny to be back, when I stepped off the plane it felt as though I was returning home. Three years ago when I first arrived on St.Maarten I never guessed that this island would become such a large part of my life. But it has, and although the life I was living and man that I loved are no longer here waiting for me, it is still good to be back.

I walked off the plane, dropped my bags on the floor and went straight to the beach for a long swim in an ocean so blue it looks like its glowing. A school of huge sliver angelfish came by to check me out, a turtle poked his head up nearby, and laying there supported by salty water I realized (for the second time this week) that I am going to be ok.

Next Mission: Find a Job!