April 23, 2010

Daily

Huge swells and no wind in the ocean, the boat is rolling like mad! I am sitting out on the aft deck, getting some space to myself which honestly isn’t too hard on a 190 foot sailboat. No stars though, its too cloudy.
My average day: Wake up at 6:30, start the laundry, empty dishwasher, wipe down the crew mess, clean salon, hoover, check for fingerprints, more laundry, iron, check guests, make beds and clean guest heads, set table for lunch… I chill for a few hours after lunch, do yoga on the aft deck, lay down for a minute. Then I start on projects! The Chief Stew left me a list two pages long of things to get done before we reach Italy, so that keeps me pretty busy! Mellow afternoon, make tea, sit on the fly bridge and sing while the Mate plays guitar, stretch some more, stare at the horizon, chat with the owners, set the table for dinner, watch the sunset, make more tea, put a movie on, sleep. Not too bad, really.
We reach the Azores in a few more days, and there the owner and his family are flying out, along with the bosun. That means that starting Tuesday I will be doing watches again, and that’s always fun. We’ve come about 1500 miles and it is getting cold! Everyone is back in pants and sweaters already, its funny how quick the weather changes. We have some big weather moving in too, a proper gale.